David has an Honours Degree in Psychology, a Diploma from the British Medical Hypnotherapy Examinations Board with distinction and is a Trauma Support Counsellor. He has been a full member of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis and practising as a hypnotherapist since 1997. He combines clinical hypnosis with cognitive therapy to meet a wide variety of client needs, including stress management, removal of unwanted habits and treatment for clinical depression. He is experienced in enhancing learning, and working with children and students. He is a registered supervisor for the London College of Clinical Hypnosis.
As a professional teacher and advisor he has a wide range of experience including teaching at junior, secondary, sixth form and undergraduate levels, as a SENCO and as a member of the Special Needs Advisory Service. Now, as an Independent Educational Consultant and Therapist, he offers advice, assessment and specialist tuition. From 2007 to 2013 he was the Specialist Teacher in a local secondary school, responsible for specialist tuition and access arrangements. He also has experience at sixth-form level, offering study skills courses and teaching psychology A level.
Professional qualifications and training
- Honours Degree in Psychology (Brunel University, 1964–1968)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Southampton University, 1971–1972)
- M.Sc. (Ed.) (University of Surrey, 1990)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, with distinction (British Medical Hypnotherapy Examinations Board, 1997)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy, with distinction (London College of Clinical Hypnosis, 1996)
- Aspects of Counselling in Education (Tavistock Clinic, London)
- Personal Relationships in Groups (National Marriage Guidance Council)
- Irlen Screener
- Member of the British Psychological Society (Psychotherapy Section, Division of Educational and Child Psychology)
- Full Member of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- National Association for Special Educational Needs
- Hypnotherapy for Children with Learning Difficulties, (European Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, vol. 3: no 2.)